Here is a quick summary of Saturday's Market Fair, which is the opening day for the Key Ingredients Tour:
From an email from Shawn Personke, event coordinator at McKune Memorial Library:
The McKune Memorial Library welcomes the Smithsonian Institution’s exhibit Key Ingredients: America by Food this Saturday, May 26, with Market Faire Festival! From 10 am to 3 pm – on the library lawn, rain or shine – you can enjoy:
It’s fun for everyone, come on down to the library this weekend!
- Taste of Michigan – vendors from all over the state are bringing samples and wares
- The Chef’s Tent – Fabulous chefs, like Nick Seccia from The Henry Ford, will be presenting live demonstrations. Plus, Zingerman’s Creamery, Sandhill Cranes Vineyard, and Eve the Restaurant!
- Waterloo Farm Museum re-enactments
- Scooples Hot Dogs
- Children’s Tent and Baby Animal Park
- Exhibits to explore!
- And much, much more!
Recent news articles and details:
- Traveling exhibit has food for thought Chelsea hosts a Smithsonian collection (Ann Arbor News, May 24, 2007)
- Key Ingredients Michigan Foodways Opens To Public At May 26 Chelsea Market Faire: Governor Granholm Proclamation, Michigan Recipe Story Contest winner to be announced (Michigan Foodways website)
- Key Ingredients Schedule of Events on the McKune Memorial Library website