Not just once, but weekly!
Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights is held from 6:30 until 8:30, every Thursday evening from June 21 til August 30.
Now, don't be silly and mark this on your calendar for just one of the upcoming Thursdays. You'll want to mark this as a standing appointment on Thursday evenings from now til the end of August. Why? Even on a hot day, the weather after 6:30 p.m. is pleasant, and it's just a really nice way to unwind at the end of a day. Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights is a fun, low-key event that is both entertaining and relaxing.
Leslie's Insider Tips:
- Plan ahead if you're having dinner downtown. If you have the great idea to eat at one of the downtown Chelsea restaurants to start off your evening, just know that you're not the only one who thought of it! Expect to get there early, or plan some flexibility in your schedule.
- Where to eat? One of my favorites is Cleary's Pub, where you can grab a beer and a great meal. I also love the food at Mike's Deli and Zou Zou's. Don't forget about Scooples, either. In addition to being an ice cream parlor, they also have a tasty sandwiches and specialty hot dogs. The Common Grill is of course always a good choice, and it tends to be a little less busy on Thursdays than on weekends. The Chamber of Commerce website lists the contact info and location of many restaurants in Chelsea.
- Bringing the kids? One fun idea is to take them to the TreeHouse in the late afternoon to play and have an early dinner. Their new expanded menu has something for everyone. Admission is $6 for the kids and you can come as go as you please on the same day. When the sidewalk entertainment starts at 6:30, you'll be all parked, fed and ready to go check it out.
- Where to park? There are many free parking lots in Chelsea. The ones at the top of my mind include the parking lots behind the Common Grill, behind Cleary's, next to Heydlauff's, the Clock Tower complex parking, behind the library and many options for free street side parking as well.
- One last thing about Sounds & Sights .... Did I mention that it's FREE?
P.S. If you're familiar with Chelsea, you know where all these places I'm talking about are located. If you're coming from out of town, feel to email me for specifics. There is also a street map of Chelsea on the Chelsea Festivals website.