Wednesday, November 7, 2007

And in other area news... is it just me or is this funny?

As you know, I keep up with local news via online news sources. This came in today from the Jackson Citizen Patriot:

I-94 stop nets more than half ton of pot

A Michigan State Police motor carrier officer making a routine stop found 1,200 pounds of marijuana concealed in the back of a semitrailer Sunday in Grass Lake Township.

The bust, which netted pot with a street value of about $1.2 million, is believed to be the largest single-stop marijuana find in Jackson County history, said state police Detective 1st Lt. Timothy Gill at a Monday news conference. ...

[read more]
I supposed I should be shocked and appalled that there are mass quantities of illegal drugs being transported right past my house between Ann Arbor and Grass Lake... but wait... grass in Grass Lake? C'mon, that is just a wee bit funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, it's not just you -- I thought this was hyterical and even cut it out of the paper (it was in the A2 News earlier). -- Megan

Sgt. Wolverine said...

You should probably send that in to Jay Leno for his Headlines segment. He might enjoy it.