Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Chelsea District Library is the Best Small Library in America!

I received some great news recently. It is yet to be announced 'officially' but we should be hearing more about it very soon!

The Chelsea District Library has been awarded the Library Journal Best Small Library in America award! This is a huge honor, and a very prestigious accomplishment, with a $15,000 prize. Our very own McKune Memorial Library will be the cover story in the February issue of the Library Journal. In addition, they will receive the award at the Public Library Association conference in March 2008. Heartiest congratulations to all the staff!

I'm proud of our great library, and the whole community of Chelsea for this accomplishment.

LIBRARY JOURNAL ARTICLE
Best Small Library in America 2008: Chelsea District Library - A Michigan Model (Library Journal, 2/1/08) - Added 1/28/08 by Leslie

To learn more
Best Small Library In America Nomination Guidelines

In The News (I'll continue to add news articles here as they become available)

1 comment:

Sun Runner said...

Every time I visit our wonderful library I am more and more glad I voted "yes" for the tax levy to pay for it. I love our library!