Thursday, September 11, 2008

Somber thoughts - local and national tragedies

Today we acknowledge and remember the tragedy of September 11, 2001. This national tragedy brought us together in sorrow and patriotism. I'm sure every one of us who has loved ones who lost their lives, or watched it happen live on TV from afar will remember it like it happened yesterday.
Closer to home and more recently, a huge number of family, friends and loved ones gathered this week to mourn the loss of 22 year old Ben Rodgers. For those who may not have known him personally, you have more than likely crossed paths with him or members of his family at Rodger's Farm, at the farmer's market, the Chelsea Fair, or numerous other places and events in town. A young life lost is the worst kind of heartbreak, and when it happens in a small town like ours it is all the more poignant. I don't have anything wise or helpful to say. Simply that my thoughts and prayers are with the Rodgers family and friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would like to send my sincerest blessings to the Rodgers family. I cannot imagine losing a son.