Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy New Year... only a little late

Wishing you a happy new year, here on the 11th of January. I took a couple weeks off in December to celebrate the holidays with my family, and enjoy a great visit with my sister and her family. Sis had been working in the U.K. for the past year, and it was a long overdue time to catch up in real life (Facebook just doesn't quite cut it!). This was my first full week back, and its amazing what piled up while I was out of the office. I think I am nearly back up to speed -- with the exception of numerous expected and unexpected appointments at the dentist for members of my household. All is well now, and I look forward to future updates on the The Chelsea Blog, my various local websites.

The Things To Do In Chelsea calendar is choc-full of events, classes and workshops in January and February, and more and more are being added every day (ADD YOURS HERE). The Chelsea Library and the Chelsea Center for the Arts in particular have many fun things going on this month. We are also gearing up for Chelsea's annual events to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. There is the peace march (which *everyone* is invited to join), music, guest speakers, youth writing and art contest awards, and much more. Visit OWOF.org (One World One Family) for details, or search the Chelsea-MI.com website for "MLK" events.

If you are like many of us, another goal for the bleary winter months is to try something new and some fun. Here are some suggestions in town:
And of course, keep an eye on Chelsea's local event calendar at www.chelsea-mi.com. New events and directory listings are added daily by members of the community. If you know of an event that is not yet listed, you are welcome to add it using the online form.

Thanks for all your support, enthusiasm and great ideas in 2008. Looking forward to another busy, fun and interesting year in 2009.

No comments: