Relay for Life is a fun community event which helps to raise funds for American Cancer Society. The event runs from 10 a.m. Saturday morning until 10am Sunday morning -- yup! 24 straight hours. Come on out for music, family fun, demonstrations and in support of the many community volunteers and teams walking laps to raise money.
There is plenty of music and entertainment throughout the event. Details and full schedule can be found on www.relayforlife.org/chelseami . Highlights include:
- Opening Ceremony/Survivor Lap: Saturday at 10am.
- Silent Auction: 2-4pm
- 2nd Annual Rummage sale: 9am - 4pm
- Fight Back Ceremony: 4pm.
- Luminaria Ceremony: dusk/9pm
- Closing Ceremony: 9am, Sunday
- Bull Halsey: 11:30am
- Afternoon Round: 1pm
- Jerry Sprague 3pm
- Cadillac Cowboys 6pm
- Relay Prom/Dance Marathon: 11pm - 1:30am. Wear a dress/suit from your era or another, doesn't matter. There will even be a Prom King and Queen elected.
- Numerous kids' activities including bounce house and more! 11-4
- Tai Chi demonstrations: 11am
- Goofus the Clown: 11am
- Magician Jeff Boyer: 1pm