- Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights takes place from 6:30 until 8:30. (Be sure to stop by and give a listen to my friends Bull Halsey, playing in front of Westside Gym on Middle Street)
- Rare Earth and the Howling Diablos concert - If you purchase tickets ahead of time, you get them at a bargain of $35 each. You can buy tickets at the gate for $40. VIP tickets are $100 and you get preferred seating and a pretty awesome pre-party experience among other things
- Kid Zone: Opens at 10:30 a.m. For the past few years, the Kid Zone committee has been headed up by Michele Balaka, Chelsea native and owner of the Chelsea TreeHouse. Kid Zone features all sorts of activities and entertainment, including Colors the Clown and of course the huge bouncy tent and slide.
- Car Show: Check out the very cool classic cars lined up along Middle St. on Friday night. Featuring a cruise, contests and plenty more for car enthusiasts, kids who love things that go, and anyone who enjoys a stroll down memory lane.
- Food & Music: Great chow and live music in the entertainment tent from 5pm until 11pm. Friday night features Kentucky Chrome, Billy Mack and the Juke Joint Johnnies and Trilogy
- Kid Zone: continues
- Pet Parade: This is the cutest darn thing. If you haven't seen it yet, be sure to take the family to check it out. The theme this year is "Country Western" so we're sure to see puppy dogs in cowboy hats. There are also cats, birds and pets of all kinds in this short and sweet parade. If you'd like to participate, call Chelsea Farmer Supply at 475-1777. If you just want to watch, check the website (link above) for the parade route.
- Food & Music: More tasty food and live music in the entertainment tent. But on Saturday, the fun starts at 1pm and continues up til 11pm. Saturday's bands include Center Stage (featuring Dr Dwayne and the Bad Boys from Spain -and- The Fred Vanreesema Review), The NoteWorthy Band, Hullabaloo and ending Summerfest off with a bang is Fifty Amp Fuse
Have a great weekend!