On the Ballot:
- City Mayor - Only one candidate is on the ballot, Jason F. Lindauer. The deadline for submitting a Declaration for Intent as a write-in candidate has passed.
- City Council - We have our choice of five candidates to fill three Council seats:
- Cheri Albertson (incumbant)
- Ann E. Feeney (outgoing mayor)
- Frank Hammer (incumbant)
- Kent Martinez-Kratz (incumbant)
- Richard L. Steele
- Regional Enhancement Millage Proposal. The ballot language is as follows:
Pursuant to state law, the revenue raised by the proposed millage will be collected by the intermediate school district and distributed to local public school districts based on pupil membership count. Shall the limitation on the amount of taxes which may be assessed against all property in Washtenaw Intermediate School District, Michigan, be increased by 2 mills ($2 on each $1,000 of taxable valuation) for a period of 5 years, 2009 to 2013, inclusive, to provide operating funds to enhance other state and local funding for local school district operating purposes; the estimate of the revenue the intermediate school district will collect if the millage is approved and levied in 2009 is approximately $30,000,000?
For an in-depth description of this millage and how it impacts voters and schools, see this recent article in the Ann Arbor Chronicle: Does it take a millage? Washtenaw School Districts say yes – voters to decide on November 3 (AnnArborChronicle.com, 10/19/09)
Also see Enhancement Millage Presentation FAQ from the Chelsea School District (click to download PDF file)