The 2009 Chelsea Community Fair begins today! Technically it started already, with entries entered and exhibits well underway, but the official start to the fair takes place after the annual Children's Parade (Tuesday 8/25 at 5:30).
The full schedule is available on the fair website: Chelsea Fair's 2009 Main Schedule. Here are a few highlights:
Chelsea Fair Grounds
20501 Old US-12
Chelsea, Michigan 48118
$7 per day. Children 10 and under are free; Senior citizens get in free on Thursday. You can also buy a season pass which is good all week for $25 person / $15 for students and senior citizens. There is an additional cost for the midway rides, which can be purchased per ticket or for an all day pass. Prices for rides are not listed on the fair website, but I will try to find out and post it here.
The fair takes place from 10am until 10pm Tuesday 8/19 through Saturday 8/23. See the ChelseaFair.org website for full schedule.
- Rides open Tuesday at 5pm
- Children's Parade and Tricycle Pull - Tuesday 5:30pm
- Animal exhibits - every day
- Nature's Creation of Life tent - every day
- Demolition Derby - Tuesday and Wednesday night
- Figure 8 Derby - Thursday night
- Chainsaw Carving - several shows daily
- Horse Shows - various times each day
- Colors the Clown - Tues 5-8pm, Wed through Sat 3-7pm
- Ladies Day - begins Friday at 8am
- Tractor Pull - Saturday night
- Chelsea Fair Parade - Saturday 1pm