Thursday, August 2, 2007

Busy, busy girl

SummerFest 2007. Photo by Leslie Surel.I admit it. I'm guilty of the biggest blogging mistake there is... not keeping my posts current. As much as I love keeping up with all my local online responsibilities, I have also been busy trying to get our house in shape for a 2-week visit with family from out of town. We have a three bedroom house, and are expecting the population here to double from 4 to 8 people. Needless to say, it's a challenge!

The week has been full of fun activities as well. We had a great time at SummerFest over the weekend, and I played amateur photographer and took lots of photos for next year's website. (Did I mention I'm the webmaster for www.chelseafestivals.com?) Fortunately, the SummerFest committee also hired local photographer Kim Dosey to take photos. SummerFest 2007. Photo by Leslie Surel. The challenge of taking decent pictures in a dark tent, in bright sunlight or of active, live performances was a bit confounding to my poor little camera and my lack of formal training. :)

We have been attending the weekly Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights. Tonight we are planning to bring a picnic dinner and have it on the lovely green lawn of the McKune Memorial Library as we watch Like Water Drum & Dance perform. If you haven't yet seen one of their performances, I would highly recommend you go check them out. They are fantastic, and so much fun to watch.

Speaking of Like Water Drum & Dance, yesterday my kids took a class at Tree of Life Studio. Love that place. This was the first time I have enrolled the children in a class there, and I can't say enough nice things about their teacher, Jen (pictured here at SummerFest) who is also the co-owner of the studio. I will have to post a separate topic on them one of these days. My daughter is also attending an art camp this week at the Chelsea Center for the Arts, which has been a lot of fun for her.

In the midst of all this, I am up to my ears in totally revamping the Things To Do In Chelsea website. I'm so excited about the changes that are underway! Everything will be more streamlined, automated and interactive. For those of you (like me) who forget which events are taking place on which days, you'll soon be able to have the current events arrive straight to your mailbox each week. For those of you who are part of groups who hold events, you'll be able to use an interactive form to submit and edit your own events. Pretty cool stuff. However it does take away from my blogging time... for now.

Happy August! Now might be time for a rerun of Things To Do In Chelsea when it's HOT!

No comments: